This is Gregory's ALL-NEW and exclusive step-by-step video training collection that shows you everything you need to know to create your own incredible self-portrait …
…from the very first steps of setting up your materials and lighting to adding the finishing brushstrokes to your own personal masterpiece.
He shares everything and explains exactly WHY he makes each decision, carefully demonstrating every single brushstroke so you can incorporate his techniques into your own work.
Does that sound exciting to you?
If so, let's take a closer look.
Here Are Just a Few of the Techniques
And much, much more.
- The very first thing you should always do BEFORE you start your drawing and why this is so critical to your success
- The secret to blocking in your drawings using form
- How to establish the correct proportions for the face and prevent the most common mistakes. This alone is worth the price of this video.
- Exactly how to set up your light sources and mirrors to get that "Old Master" illumination effect
- How to capture your true image vs. a mirror image when drawing a portrait
- How to work with negative space and why this makes such a huge impact on your overall composition
- The fascinating way Gregory finds "real" objects in his shapes and how you can use this insight to improve the quality of your own work
- How to overcome and avoid the common mistakes that portrait painters make
- The tools and tips Gregory has learned to make the portrait painting experience go smoothly for the artist
- How to use the monochromatic imprimatura technique the way the masters do
- How to find your darkest darks and lightest lights and get a "shorthand" sense of volume in your work
- VERY IMPORTANT: How to fix any drawing problems that may have occurred as you go along so YOU are in control of the direction of your painting!
- The key advantages of using the Munsell color system (what it is and how you can make it work for you) and how you can use it to turn form
- How Gregory mixes his colors and the principles he uses to "find" the right tones and shades that fit his creative vision
- A "crash course" in lighting and shadow — this is highly valuable for beginners and advanced painters alike!
- Hidden ways to find and mix the correct flesh tones
- How to paint the details of the eyebrows, cheeks, mouth, and nose
- Making your transitions from the flesh to the hair
- How to think about form and the way it works with light
- How to simplify the steps so you stay on track (and don't get overwhelmed by the process)!
- Adding cool notes and highlights to balance out your work
- How to approach painting the key details and interest points that bring your composition together for the viewer
- How to adjust features like the lips using a "glaze" technique
- Adding the finishing touches that will make your composition truly "sing"
- Using the background to make the im age feel more realistic