NEW VIDEO REVEALS HOW TO PAINT A STUNNING FIGURE IN THE LANDSCAPE
Discover the Same Important Painting Principles
Taught in the Académie des Beaux-Arts in Paris
During the Time of Bouguereau
DVD Length: 13 Hours
Would you like to take BOTH your figure painting and your landscape painting abilities to the next level?
Do you wish you could get rich, elegant greens in your landscapes without their appearing garish?
Do you wish you could paint the human figure with elegance and grace?
Does learning the painting techniques of the masters of the 18th and 19th centuries appeal to you?
Do you wish you could learn the techniques being taught in today’s ateliers ... but attending is not currently an option?
If so, please read on…
Just last week our partner Streamline Art Video released a four-disc set, and it’s one of the most exciting and in-depth video training collections we’ve ever put together. We’ve made arrangements to offer it to you today, and to include free shipping for this weekend only.
It’s the first of its kind ... where we’ve combined two entirely different types of painting into one single video.
This is GREAT news if you want to:
- Discover how to produce rich, elegant, tasteful paintings
- Take your landscape painting skills to that 19th-century level of quality, with subtle greens and sublime color
- Improve your figure painting skills to achieve the feel of a painting created hundreds of years ago
- Discover an exciting way to combine these two art forms and create something that is truly breathtaking
Introducing Painting the Figure in Nature with Ryan S. Brown
Ryan S. Brown is a true drawing and painting master.
Over the years Ryan has won multiple awards for his work, and his list of achievements and exhibitions is truly impressive.
However, Ryan quickly discovered that he was driven to share what he learned with others, so in 2007 he founded the Center for Academic Study and Naturalist Painting in Springville, Utah.
Ryan is a rare breed of painter — critically acclaimed and an amazing teacher as well.
Ryan takes the techniques of the 19th-century masters and breaks them down into easy-to-understand pieces.
This is one reason we’re so excited to share his methods with you today.
The video is a full 12 hours of step-by-step, in-depth training for those who really want to take painting to a deeper level.
Ryan Brown’s Painting the Figure in Nature Is One of the Most Unique and Insightful Training Videos We’ve Ever Released.
Ryan has made a name for himself in a wide range of painting formats, but THIS is something you might call “next level.”
You see, Ryan Brown has taken these two individual forms — figure painting and landscape painting — and combined them so flawlessly that his compositions are almost electrically charged with visual and emotional energy.
The effect is one-of-a-kind, and now we’ve managed to record a unique, in-depth video demonstration … so you can learn how to do it too!
Painting the Figure in Nature gives you all the tools, all the theory, and all the techniques you need to produce your own masterpiece.
When you combine figure painting and landscape painting, you come away with something that can REALLY take the viewer’s breath away.
Here’s what you’ll find inside…
- Detailed directions on preparing your materials to make your painting surface perfect
- How to “see” your composition as you begin to create it
- Working with a live model and how to determine the right pose
- How to properly use photography when you paint, without making it a crutch
- Understanding line, form, and lighting to give your viewer thestrongest emotional impact when painting a figure
- How to carve, mold, and “reveal” the various elements of your landscape with the same techniques the Old Masters used
- How to choreograph your own “dance” between the landscape and the figure.
- Ryan’s palette and why he chooses his various and somewhat unusual pigments
- Which brushes he uses and how he chooses and prepares the right surface for his canvas
- How to create preliminary sketches to work out the right poses for your figure drawing
- How Ryan uses various sketches to establish movement,balance tones, create the various elements of the scene, andbetter define the work
- How to use photography to examine the dynamic interaction between the figure and nature
- How to understand color harmonies, value harmonies, and the basic overall tone of the painting
- What you should know about choosing the right size for your composition
- How Ryan works with undertones to create a sense of atmosphere
- The key to maintaining a sense of clarity as your work progresses
- How air temperature will affect the portrayal of features liketrees, rocks, and the human anatomy
- How to consider your work from the perspective of the viewer
- Working with texture — why it’s so important and how your canvas and brush choices affect it
- The common mistakes beginner and intermediate painters make and how to avoid them
- When to step back so you can “see” the final painting in your mind’s eye
- How to move from the broad strokes to adding the details and fine adjustments
Not only does Ryan give you the tools you need to paint your own masterpiece figure painting within a landscape, he explains the theorybehind each decision he makes and how you can apply this to your work in the future.
You’ll also learn:
- How to look for the right things to modify, simplify, adjust, and enhance in all of your paintings from this moment forward
- How to use anatomical landmarks to guide your adjustments to the figure
- Key insights into how lighting will affect your brushstrokes
- How to bring clarity to the different landscape elements and develop your figure so the solutions reveal themselves
- How to look for opportunities and make corrections that improve your painting’s impact
- Changing values and thinking about planes to establish unity and improve your composition
- Defining the edges of the figure, then adding the details that bring elements of the landscape and the human body to life together
- The small adjustments that make your figure more dynamic
- How to eliminate or add information as needed to retain a sense of unity within the figure and the overall composition
- How to “soften” elements of the landscape when it’s appropriate so you guide the viewer’s eye along the proper lines
- How to paint reflections of the sky, trees, rocks, and the figure on water
- When to refer to your drawings to keep you on track in your painting
- How to add textures as you are finishing your painting so that it is an object to be viewed and not simply an image
- Making the key decisions that “ground” your figure and attach it visually to the various landscape elements
- Understanding the underlying anatomy of your figure and how it works with the 3D curves and forms of your composition
…and that’s just a small taste of what you’ll get in these videos.
- How to think your way through the details as you add them
So these are the questions:
Would you like to know how to do something VERY few painters today know how to do?
Would you like people to look at your paintings and comment that they are exceptional?
Maybe you want to see your work in galleries…
Or maybe you’d simply like to create something special that will leave your family and friends speechless.
Either way, these training videos will guide you step-by-step to getting there.
Over 12 hours of training in the comfort of your own home. Others have paid many times the price to attend a Ryan Brown workshop. And only a few fortunate people are able to attend his school.