Paintings That Sparkle
Here’s just some of what Christine Lashley has in store for you:
- Powerful tricks to comprehend perspective (so simple you might not believe your eyes!)
- Using reference photos? Great — just be smart about it!
- Make your paintings sparkle!
- Techniques to simplify urban scenes
- Got questions? Christine has answers — she’s taught for more than 20 years!
- Maximize your learning time and minimize your learning curve
- Tips, tricks, and tools to abstract your paintings
- Begin with the end in mind (a habit of highly successful people!)
- Harness the power of color and double your paint choices!
- Simplify complex subjects
- Find your very own, very unique artistic voice (and you’ll be in perfect pitch!)
- Get your drama on! (Onto your canvas!)
- Train your brain and eyes and your hand will nearly train itself!
Paintings that Sparkle is sure to be one of our most popular videos ever because Christine is not only an accomplished artist in her own right, she has been teaching art for over 20 years. You can rest assured that she knows a thing or two (or a thousand!) about teaching every level of artist, from basic beginner to up-and-comers and even highly regarded professionals.
And the best part is that you don’t need to already be at a certain level to benefit from everything Christine will show you. This video is for everyone.
Just take a look at this short preview and you’ll begin to see why we just had to invite Christine into our recording studio after learning about her from artist Scott Christensen.
Watch the short preview video and you’ll immediately notice Christine’s long brushstrokes and her loose, rich style that gives life to a painting. She is a master at abstract shapes, colorful passages, and soft edges.
You’ll also see Christine’s unsurpassed ability to paint bright reflections oh so perfectly!
This is a skill that many artists never fully develop because they haven’t learned from someone like Christine, and now you have the chance to bring this coveted technique into your own paintings.
Christine is one of the best instructors to learn from because she doesn’t just teach a few classes and workshops throughout the year — much of her teaching experience has included 60 adult students per week. Just imagine what you’ll gain from someone who has so much to offer!
If you really want to paint differently, then you have to learn new and different techniques. There’s no better way to uncover all the new possibilities that are just waiting for you than by learning from a successful artist who has also been an instructor for over 20 years. Staying where you are means not growing or advancing as an artist … and that means being stuck.
Even if you've been painting for years, Christine's refreshing and in-depth painting instruction will give you a new vantage point. You'll be painting more loosely, more directly, and with more confidence!
Order Paintings that Sparkle today and get on your journey to becoming the absolute best painter you can be.
Highlights of Vibrant Landscapes:
- Discover Christine’s uniquely creative ideas about reflections...
- How to use photo references without being overly dependent on them
- Water-soluble oils explainedlike never before
- The secret of “hidden colors” in landscapes
- You’ll never paint reflections the same way again (and that’s good!)
- Painting from memory … rules you won’t forget
- How to paint water lilies with style and flair
- The power of warm and cool colors
- How slowing down helps you paint more loosely(surprised?)
- When “flinging color around” is the right thing to do
- Why “juicy underpaintings” are fun and useful
- Christine’s “fail-proof” secret to getting started
- Creating studies — the shortcut to excellence
- Witness an insightful artist’s interview with Christine
- Discover Christine’s special tips you’ll never hear anywhere else
- PLUS: A beautiful demonstration painting by Christine: Golden Hour, Giverny
- And much, much more!
What if you could understand water reflections so well...
...that you could invent your own reflections?
You wouldn’t have to worry about changes in light or your view being blocked while painting!
If you’re looking to master water reflections…
...then look no further than Christine Lashley’s brand new course called Vibrant Landscapes.
Christine is the amazing teacher behind the highly popular Paintings That Sparkle course we released last year. It was an instant hit, and customers wanted to see more of what Christine teaches, so...
This time around, she’s going to show you...
...how to observe water and understand how it works so you can create paintings with believable wet water and glistening reflections.
She’ll reveal how to use certain “visual tricks” to simplify complex reflections — making them mucheasier to paint.
You’ll also discover how to identify what colors are warm and cool and how to see “hidden colors” — skills that will help you paint any water scene!
Plus, you’ll discover how to mix your colors to create realistic-looking water...
...how to use paint handling to maximize the transparent nature of water…
...how to paint realistic reflections with correct colors, angles, and values....
...and much, much more!
- Introduction: brief intro to the what and why
- Outdoor Observation: tips on what to look for when you are outside to help you understand and observe water and reflections from life so you can take these learnings back to the studio
- Inspiration & Ideas: A grouping of inspiration and tips to take with you thru the upcoming studies and demo. The importance of using your personal experiences as inspiration. Information about photos. What will make a good painting. Observing master works. How to define Water and Reflections. Why using light colors to create a painting bathed in light is not necessarily what you should be doing. Includes a review of the reference we will be using the Painting Demonstration.
- Painting Studies: Review the reason for doing studies--to capture that memory, that personal connection to the subject. Lean how best to compose by avoiding “Halfsies” and using 3 distinct values, and connecting shapes
- Understanding Water Reflections: Do a couple quick studies to understand the concept of reflections in water--color of reflections, value of reflections, how to paint angles. Lots of little tips at how to understand and translate what you are seeing accurately.
- Project Materials & Tools--Review the traditional (and water-soluble) oil paints, brushes, canvas. Tips on tube colors and how to tell what a color really when you read the label. You’ll love the way her bright / pure color palette can shift to beautiful grayed colors and gorgeous transparent passages
- Demonstration: Underpainting Block In--Use water-soluble oil paint to create a juicy “crazy” underpainting thinking about the composition / values and temperatures of colors, unifying the shapes, merging shapes and values
- Demonstration: Alla Prima Block In--Lesson on painting fat over lean, color mixing tips for mixing grays, why working with a palette knife can be better than working with a brush, the best ratio of values to use for creating a light-filled painting, composition and shape-making lessons, line and edge lessons, brushwork lessons, paper towel painting, tips for how to stay focused on the main idea and how to stay positive . how to create Zesty Color
- Demonstration: Assess and Refine--adjusting as needed to make the main focus of the painting still read, pay attention to edges, color temperature, texture vs smooth passages, add flowers and details, smaller marks are much more a part of the painting now, things to keep in mind that will help you know when the painting is done
High Speed View
Exhibit of Works
Plein Air and Studio Art (Gallery of works)
Interview with Eric (pickup of last one)
Woodland Stream Water Reflections--bonus inspiration and review of photos and video of water