Johanne completes an incredible dog portrait from scratch, right in front of your eyes
She also comments while she's painting, so you know what she is doing and why she is doing it.
The training is filmed so that it's easy for you to paint along with Johanne.
You can watch the training as many times as you like, which will definitely help you to continually improve your technique!
Here's a taste of what you will learn in The Fine Art of Painting Dog Portraits:
- The masterful way Johanne manages to bring the dog's eyes completely "to life"
- The important things you need to know before you paint a dog
- The clever thing Johanne includes on the canvas so you don't have to think as much when painting
- Synthetic vs. natural hair on a brush (here's what Johanne recommends you go with and why)
- A great way to get a high-quality "support" if you don't have unlimited time to dedicate to painting
- The fascinating reason you should "back off" the medium on a slick surface
- A startling terra rosa "warning" you won't want to miss
- Why Johanne loves to spend a lot of time on the eyes and how doing this can improve your work
- Creating the strands of hair at the edge of a dog's ear isn't easy yet Johanne shows you exactly how it's done
- A simple way to inject some "light" under the eyes
- A popular piece of modern technology you shouldn't use while painting
- Why (and how) Johanne uses a "transparent" on her palette
- Why you should NOT just put a little "dot" in the eyes the way most painters do
- What you can do to show a dog's toenails
- How to avoid common errors in aligning facial features such as the eyes
- What you need to watch out for if you're painting a smooth-haired dog
- Plus much, much more
What we've just covered is merely a taste of what's included in The Fine Art of Painting Dog Portraits.
There are plenty more tips, techniques, and strategies to be uncovered in this training, all of which will help you create beautiful, emotionally impactful portraits of dogs.
For the record,if you think this is about simply teaching you to paint by numbers and do animal caricatures, don't worry — it's not.
Instead, you're going to learn how to produce an incredible piece of fine art — the kind where your viewers marvel at your work and lavish you with praise.
And here's something else you should know:
When you buy The Fine Art of Painting Dog Portraits, you also get access to a personal interview we conducted with Johanne.
About the Artist:Johanne Mangi
Many of Johanne's clients are fellow artists who hold her work in high regard.She selectively exhibits as her commission work is a full time commitment. She has exhibited at the National Arts Club and Portraits Inc. of NYC while being a very active member of the Salmagundi Club of NYC. Johanne has beeninvolved with Village Arts in Putney, VT for the past dozen years. Through this association Nancy Guzik and Richard Schmid invited her to join the prestigious Putney Painters as a designated Friend.
She has painted, studied and mentored with some of the most talented members of theArt Community. This education continues today.